5" IN-DASH TACHOMETER, 0-8,000 RPM, DESIGNER BLACK
Shipping in 2-4 business days
Free Shipping over $99
Hassle Free Returns
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 8,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter's race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Domed Lens
- Bracket Included
I have this tach... question is can i install a gray trin ring on it like my other sport-comp gauges?
The bezel is machine pressed and crimped on and not something you could change. You can send it in to us and for a service fee, we can put a Sport Comp style bezel on it. Please either send us an email or give us a call for more information.
Date published: 2022-02-22
I am planning on install of the 1499 5" tach to my panel, is there a way to or provision for setting up a shift lite to this tach? Thanks, Phil
You will need to use P/N: 5312 with P/N: 5334 or you can use P/N: 5348. For further assistance, please call or tech line at 866-248-6356.
Date published: 2021-01-12
I HAVE A MODEL 1499 TACHOMETER. IS IT COMPATIBLE WITH GM DUAL POINT DISTRIBUTOR?
Hi Ray, thank you so much for contacting us. I would not expect any compatibility issues with a GM dual point ignition system. Hope this helps!
Date published: 2018-08-01
You may also like:
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITIONS Product #9117$111.45
WIRE HARNESS, PLUG & PLAY GM LS ENGINES, FOR #9117 TACHOMETER ADAPTER Product #2189$100.99
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR LS ENGINES, INCL. PLUG & PLAY HARNESS Product #9123$175.70
CONNECTOR, WIRING, 8 TERMINAL, FOR ELEC. IN-DASH TACH OR SPEEDOMETER Product #3299$16.16
LED BULB, REPLACEMENT, T3 WEDGE, WHITE Product #3288$13.78
5" SPEEDOMETER, 0-120 MPH, ELECTRIC, DESIGNER BLACK Product #1489$283.99