5" TACHOMETER, 8K RPM, IN-DASH, OLD TYME BLACK
Shipping in 2-4 business days
Free Shipping over $99
Hassle Free Returns
- Size:5" (127mm)
- Range:0-8,000 RPM
- Instructions: Download PDF
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 – Maximum RPM in 333 milliseconds. An ultra-bright LED shift light guarantees you hit your shifts perfectly, every time. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter's race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Domed Lens
- Bracket Included
Will tach #1799 work with a mid 1980’s Chevy 454 engine and HEI ignition without having to use any additional parts? It’ll be mounted in the dash on a 1973 Chevy pickup.
Our tachometers will typically work with 80's HEI ignitions without issue.
Date published: 2022-12-22
I HAVE A 56 TBIRD THAT HAS AN OLD TYPE TACH IN IT WANT TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW IN DASH UNIT THE EXISTING USES A BACK BRIDGE LIKE YOUR GUAGES. TACH IS 3 3/4 DIAMETER DO YOU HAVE ONE THAT WOULD FIT
Rick, We do not have a 3-3/4" in-dash mounted tachometer.
Date published: 2022-08-01
DO YOU MAKE A 5" TACH THAT MOUNTS IN DASH WITH A BRIDGE BACKER LIKE YOUR GUAGES
Our 5" in dash tachometers use a plastic ring bracket held by two thumb screws.
Date published: 2022-07-29
If I sent you an Abarth face, could it be installed in this gauge?
We would not be able to install that into any of our gauges as that would be a licensed logo.
Date published: 2020-04-22
What is the mounting hole size and depth?
Thank you for your question. The gauge fits in a 4-5/8" hole and has a depth of 1-13/16".
Date published: 2020-03-29
You may also like:
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITIONS Product #9117$115.97
WIRE HARNESS, PLUG & PLAY GM LS ENGINES, FOR #9117 TACHOMETER ADAPTER Product #2189$109.49
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR LS ENGINES, INCL. PLUG & PLAY HARNESS Product #9123$182.30
CONNECTOR, WIRING, 8 TERMINAL, FOR ELEC. IN-DASH TACH OR SPEEDOMETER Product #3299$17.53