5" IN-DASH TACHOMETER, 0-10,000 RPM, CARBON FIBER
Shipping in 2-4 business days
Free Shipping over $99
Hassle Free Returns
- Size:5" (127mm)
- Range:0-10,000 RPM
- Instructions: Download PDF
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 10,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Bracket Included
can this tach be installed in metal glove box ? Do you supply wiring and equip to hold unit up to back of unit
Thank you for your question. This only comes with just the gauge. You would need a bracket to keep the gauge mounted however we do not sell a 5” gauge mount. You would also need to supply your own wiring for the gauge since that is not included as well.
Date published: 2021-02-02
What size rough opening does this gauge require?
Thank you for your question. This gauge will fit in a 4-5/8" hole.
Date published: 2019-02-25
is the outside of the tach bezel chrome or satin?
Thank you for your inquiry. The bezel on the 4898 is polished aluminum.
Date published: 2019-01-30
Is this item compatible with an 86 Camaro
Hi, thank you for the question. Yes, it is compatible with your '86 Camaro with regards to operation. However, not necessarily a direct replacement in your dash. This model fits into a 4-5/8" diameter hole.
Date published: 2020-05-01
I want to install this tach unit behind a stock face on my classic car. Original face has 1 inch spacing between the numbers. What is the spacing between the numbers on this unit?
You may also like:
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITIONS Product #9117$110.33
WIRE HARNESS, PLUG & PLAY GM LS ENGINES, FOR #9117 TACHOMETER ADAPTER Product #2189$109.49
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR LS ENGINES, INCL. PLUG & PLAY HARNESS Product #9123$177.29
CONNECTOR, WIRING, 8 TERMINAL, FOR ELEC. IN-DASH TACH OR SPEEDOMETER Product #3299$17.53
LED BULB, REPLACEMENT, T3 WEDGE, WHITE Product #3288$12.49
5" SPEEDOMETER, 0-160 MPH, ELECTRIC, CARBON FIBER Product #4889$331.16