3-1/8" IN-DASH TACHOMETER, 0-7,000 RPM, DESIGNER BLACK
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined.
- Size:3-1/8" (79.4mm)
- Range:0-7,000 RPM
- Instructions: Download PDF
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Bracket Included
How do your tachs signal Diesel engine info?
I installed a 1478 tachometer in my project 1965 Ford Falcon electric car .I am using a HPEVS AC 51 motor with a Curtis 1239e controller and an optic isolator. The tachometer worked great until a couple days ago. Is the tachometer compatible ?
is 79.4mm the face or body diameter? My hole is 72.2 mm. will this fit?
Can the Autometer 1478 be connected to MSD out of the box distrubuter tach signal terminal or must go to coil?
how deep are the auto meter tachs
You may also like:
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITIONS Product #9117$109.55
3-1/8", PEDESTAL W/ CHROME CUP Product #2153$43.95
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR LS ENGINES, INCL. PLUG & PLAY HARNESS Product #9123$171.31
CONNECTOR, WIRING, 8 TERMINAL, FOR ELEC. IN-DASH TACH OR SPEEDOMETER Product #3299$16.28
LED BULB, REPLACEMENT, T3 WEDGE, WHITE Product #3288$16.22
3-1/8" SPEEDOMETER, 0-120 MPH, ELECTRIC, DESIGNER BLACK Product #1487$191.31