You have no items in your shopping cart.
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 7,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- SHIPPED WITH
Bulb & Socket
- Red 3214 & Green 3215
- Bracket Included
3-1/8" IN-DASH TACHOMETER, 0-7,000 RPM, OLD TYME BLACK is rated out of 5 by 1.Rated 5 out of 5 by Markmuk from it fits in a Morgan! I just installed this tach into my 1968 Morgan in place of the original Smiths unit and it's a big improvement. Although it may not be "original", it's modern technology and made in the USA.Date published: 2018-05-05
What is the body demotion or for what hole size 3 1/8'' ?. I know bezel OD is 3 5/15'' can I get a back view. My app is custom. Im using a devise to boost my 6v to 12v I need to know the amperage requirement to run the tach. Thanks Tim BirtlesThank you for your question. The gauge does need to see +12v. As for the size of the gauge I would recommend the following link: https://www.autometer.com/media/dimensions2014.pdfDate published: 2020-02-25
will this work with a 6-volt positive ground system?Hello, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately our units are only designed to work with a +12v system and not a +6v ground system.Date published: 2019-09-20
What is the od of the chrome bezel? Thank you for your question. For our 1798 In-dash tachometer, and all our 3-1/8" gauges, the outside diameter of the bezel is 3-3/8"Date published: 2018-09-13
Will this fit in a 3-1/8 tachometer cup?Hi Brett, thank you so much for contacting us. This particular tachometer will fit in an 3 1/8" gauge cup, though you will need to trim the mounting studs on the back of the unit for a perfect fit. Hope this helps!Date published: 2017-12-01
California Prop 65 Warning