3-3/8" IN-DASH TACHOMETER, 0-8,000 RPM, TRADITIONAL CHROME
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 8,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Bracket Included
I have the 2499 tach. It has the incandescent bulb. Can I install the T3 LED lamp instead of the incandescent. It appears it should work.
will this accept a shift light?
I would like same style but snmaller
I have four Autometer gauges. On 2421, 2532, and 2592, I am using red condoms on bulbs. Is there any way to change backlight on my 2499 tach to match? It did not seem that the bulb was as easiy accessible in the 2499 as it was in the other three. Thanks.
Will this tach work with a 0 to 5 volt pulse signal in place of a direct connection to the ignition coil? (Pulse width is approx. 100 microsec.)
Will this work with MSD Ignition box 6A?
How do you take the chrome bezel off the front of this gauge I would like the paint the hand black instead of the orange
Is the "can" on the back 3-3/8" dia all the way, or does get reduced? My vintage race car has a 3-1/8" mntg hole, that can't be increased. I currently have a Jones mech. tach, 3-1/8 until about 1/4" from the face, then it is 3-3/8". fits.want to replace.
You may also like:
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR DISTRIBUTORLESS IGNITIONS Product #9117$109.55
WIRE HARNESS, PLUG & PLAY GM LS ENGINES, FOR #9117 TACHOMETER ADAPTER Product #2189$95.95
RPM SIGNAL ADAPTER FOR LS ENGINES, INCL. PLUG & PLAY HARNESS Product #9123$171.31
3-3/8", PEDESTAL W/ CHROME CUP Product #5203$52.22
3-3/8", PEDESTAL W/ BLACK CUP Product #5204$35.16