You have no items in your shopping cart.
In most overheating situations, the first engine component to suffer damage is your cylinder heads. Prevent damage to your engine and ensure maximum performance and reliability with this AutoMeter Electronic Cylinder Head Temperature Gauge. Highly accurate and durable thanks to AutoMeter’s patented air core meter movement, a single wire, 1/8” NPT temperature sender is included.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes 1/8” NPT temperature sender, 3/8” and 1/2" NPT adapters, bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric instruments provide quick and accurate readings while keeping hazardous fluids outside of the vehicle
- SHIPPED WITH
- 3/8" NPT and 1/2" NPT adapter fittings
Bulb & Socket
- Red 3214 & Green 3215
This uses a thermistor style sender instead of a thermocouple. Does it mean that I need to drill and tap a hole in the head to mount the thermistor? I have a 1972 VW Super Beetle for street and rally cross.Thank you for your question. Yes, the cylinder head must be drilled and tapped for 1⁄8" NPT hole. Be sure not to drill all the way through.Date published: 2019-02-26
Can this meter be used with a ring type temperature sensor that is mounted under a spark plug? The thermocouple would either b J Type or K Type. I can get both. Thanks for your help.Thank you for the question. While we do offer data acquisition systems and dashes that can utilize this style spark plug probe, we do not offer a gauge that is compatible. Our current Cylinder Head Temp gauges use this thermistor style sender as opposed to the thermocouple style of the spark plug probe: https://www.autometer.com/shallow-depth-electric-temperature-sender-250-300-and-340-deg.htmlDate published: 2018-04-13
Can this cyl. head temp. gauge 3336 be used on a garden tractor that does not have a battery or other electrical system? ThanksHi Allen, thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately, this gauge (and all of our head temp gauges) requires either a 12v or 16v, negative ground electrical system to function. Sorry for the bad news.Date published: 2018-04-09
California Prop 65 Warning