You have no items in your shopping cart.
Watching your precise exhaust temperature can mean the difference between maximum performance and catastrophic engine damage. On high output diesel or forced induction applications, there are few gauges that are more critical. A very readable digital display makes viewing your exact exhaust temperature effortless. The included Type K thermocouple assures maximum accuracy and minimum response time. A variety of included installation options and direct plug in harness simplify installation on any application.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Features AutoMeter's E-Z View Digital LED Display System which maximizes readability and minimizes distracting high speed digit changes
- The included Type K thermocouple assures maximum accuracy and minimum response time
- AutoMeter’s race proven digital stepper motor electric instruments provide unmatched accuracy which is further increased by utilizing a self calibration sequence during power up
- Gauge kit includes Type-K Thermocouple, wiring harness, thermocouple mounting kit, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, compatible with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- SHIPPED WITH
Is there a way to determine if a digital pyrometer is actually out of calibration?Thank you so much for contacting us. Without more specialized lab equipment, it's not something that's easy to test in the field. If you're seeing readings that don't seem right, the first thing to do is make sure the pyrometer is grounded directly to the engine block. It should not be grounded inside the vehicle or to the battery. A valve cover bolt is a great place in most applications. The gauge references that ground and any slight variances can cause irregular readings. I suspect 99% of every issue we've seen with pyrometers is due to an insufficient ground. You also cannot, for any reason, modify the length of the thermocouple harness. This will definitely throw the calibration off, and often considerably. With that said, if you've got it grounded to the block and still aren't sure about what you're reading, we're more than happy to verify proper calibration here at our shop. There's never any charge for diagnostic work, you just need to ship it to us. Our service information form can be found here: http://www.autometer.com/media/Service_Form.pdf Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-06-01
California Prop 65 Warning