You have no items in your shopping cart.
Transmission fluid temperature is the single biggest contributing factor to the lifespan of your automatic transmission. Having an accurate, realtime measurement allows you to know when to downshift or when to take your foot out of it. Whether you’re towing or simply trying to harness the power of a built or boosted motor, AutoMeter’s Trans Temp Gauge will give you the most accurate possible measurement for the exact temp of your trans fluid. A single wire 1/8” NPT temperature sender included to be installed in your transmission, transmission pan or with an optional transmission cooler line manifold is available for easy installation into a transmission cooler hard line.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes 1/8” NPT temperature sender, 3/8” and 1/2" NPT adapters, bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric instruments provide quick and accurate readings while keeping hazardous fluids outside of the vehicle
- SHIPPED WITH
- 3/8" NPT and 1/2" NPT adapter fittings
Bulb & Socket
- Red 3214 & Green 3215
What sending unit do i need for a C4Thank you so much for contacting us. The sending unit you'll need is the 2258 that is included with the gauge. The ideal placement on a Ford C4 transmission is in the transmission pan. If you've got a larger aluminum pan, you can simply drill and tap an 1/8" NPT hole. Conversely, you can also use this weld in fitting: https://www.autometer.com/1-8-npt-weld-in-adapter.html This fitting is also the best way to go if you're using a stamped steel pan. Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-05-18
What sensor/adapter do I need to order to use this gauge with a TH400?Thank you so much for contacting us. While there are a number of different ways to install a transmission temperature sending unit on a Turbo 400, my preferred method is to use the 2259 shallow depth sending unit: https://www.autometer.com/shallow-depth-electric-temperature-sender-250-300-and-340-deg.html This can be installed directly into the test port on the driver's side of the trans case. The port is 1/8" NPT, as is the sender. I've attached a picture showing the exact location for reference. Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-01-13
California Prop 65 Warning