LASD Motorsports is a program organized by Deputy Sheriffs from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department that have a passion for fast vehicles and being involved within their communities. As Deputies, their goal is to be role models to all they come in contact with as they give messages concerning the dangers of abusing drugs, alcohol, gangs, and illegal street racing.
LASD Motorsports tries to show the positive opportunities that are available to all students if they obtain a good education and make good choices. Their various vehicles are great tools to get the attention of the youth in the communities. These are not the only things they use to teach the youth to make good decisions. They also try and show them that hard work and never giving up on something you want to do, or want to be, can be done. Over the past twenty-one years, the team has made thousands of appearances at schools, community events, and race tracks throughout the United States and Canada.
The race cars are completely funded by the Deputies and their sponsors. No tax dollars are used to fund the program. AutoMeter has been involved in LASD Motorsports since the program was a concept twenty-one years ago.
Sergeant Scott Graham’s 1967 Plymouth Cuda
- 440 cui Mopar (Built by B.J. Kucharski)
- EST 740 H.P @6800 rpm
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite 5” Tach – Part Number 6855
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite Fuel Pressure – Part Number 4367
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite Nitrous Pressure – Private Label Gauge Similar to AutoMeter Part Number 4428
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite Water Pressure – Part Number 4333
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite Oil Pressure – Part Number 4321
- AutoMeter Ultra Lite Voltmeter – Part Number 4491
- AutoMeter AutoGage Fuel Pressure Gauge – Part Number 2172
- Holley Dominator 1050 CFM Carb
- Edelbrock Victor Aluminum Heads
- Scat Steel Rods with ARP Pro Wave Loc Bolts
- Scat Steel Crank
- 300 shot Edelbrock Nitrous System
- Pro- Trans 727 Transmission
- CURRIE Built Ford 9-inch Rear End
- 70 Gears
- 35 Spline Currie axles
- MSD Digital 7 Ignition
- Ross Racing Pistons 13 to 1
- Weight: 3010 with lightbar
- Shift point: 6800 rpm
- Launch RPM: 5500
- Trap rpm (sea level): 7000 RPM
- 47 @ 162.5 MPH 1/4 mile
- 28 @ 132.5 MPH 1/8 mile
Because no tax dollars are used to fund the programs, sponsorship is very important for LASD Motorsports. To learn more about LASD Motorsports, please visit www.lasdmotorsports.com, like them on Facebook or follow on Instagram.