This tachometer came with wires that are not connected. Where do they go?
Due to changes in manufacturing techniques, there are a few models of AutoMeter 3-3/4”, pedestal mount tachometers that do certainly come with the wires and terminals, but are not plugged into anything yet on the rear of the tachometer. Please see pictures below for helpful information.
- Remove the 3 acorn nuts that hold the rear cup on.
- You will then see the input terminals on the rear of the gauge.
- Connect the red wire to the “12V” terminal.
- Next connect the black ground wire to the “GND” terminal.
- Connect the white wire to the “LAMP” terminal.
- Lastly, connect the green wire to the “SIG” terminal.