You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dedenbear's Bear Stop™ base plate throttle stops sit underneath the carburetor and operate a second set of butterflies to limit air/fuel flow while allowing the carburetor to remain in wide open position in order to help assist a drag car in an electronics class precisely dial in to a pre-determined ET (such as 'Super' classes) or to aid in running a higher MPH for a given ET. Typically used with a throttle stop timer, there are two actuating methods available offering options for improved simplicity and consistency or maximum tunability. Electric solenoid stops are simple, consistent, reliable and work for a majority of applications. CO2 or 'air' stops offer a tunable flow rate, allowing greater control over the stop butterfly open rate (and in dual-acting models which offer control over close rates as well!), reducing the likelihood of spinning the tires on a high powered car when you transition back off the stop during a run.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Fits Standard Holley (4150 style) and Demon carburetors
- The Quality of a Dedenbear Bear Stop is obvious. Self-compensating for wear, regardless of age. One piece aluminum casting prevents vacuum leaks, misalignment, distortion or loose parts commonly foun in welded or bolted together throttle stops.
- Indexed stop bolt makes adjustments simple, precise and repeatable.
- Dual acting CO2 'air on / air off' actuation provides precise tunability of stop close and open rates to allow for smooth and consistent transitions onto and off of the stop during a run.
- Stainless steel butterflies are bolted to a ground stainless steel shaft actuated by levers which are TIG welded to the throttle shaft, preventing any possibility of loosening.
- Optional primary butterfly kits, sold separately, allow for even greater control in high horsepower applications by allowing the stop to control air/fuel flow on all four barrels.
- SHIPPED WITH
California Prop 65 Warning