You have no items in your shopping cart.
• Battery extenders keep your battery at full charge on a continuous basis. Batteries not kept at full charge become sulfated. Maintain stored batteries at full charge to maximize battery life.
• Compatible with all Lead Acid Batteries: Standard (Flooded), AGM, Gel Cell
• Parasitic drain protection
• Fully automatic “smart” charging with advanced circuitry enables energy efficient and safe charging via Auto Meter’s advanced software and digital circuitry
Desulfation | Bulk | Absorption | Maintain
• The BEX series chargers are fully equipped with sophisticated circuitry that will safely charge and maintain batteries without overcharging. Charging lights will tell you what stage of charge your battery is currently taking.
AMBER (Desulfation) - The battery extender is in desulfation mode
RED (Charging) - The battery extender is charging the battery
GREEN (Maintain) - The battery extender is safely maintaining your battery at full charge. Your battery is ready to go when you need it.
Ruggedized and Water Resistant
BEX series battery extenders are purpose built to resist water. Simply bring the charger to the source without removing your battery and connect the leads.
• Spark Free Connection and Reverse Polarity Protection
• Charge current: 5.0 A
• Battery Voltage: 6v, 8v, 12v, 16v
• The BEX series chargers are versatile battery chargers with a compact ruggedized composite shell that makes them safe to set and forget on all of your household vehicles. Perfect for any motorcycle, boat, snowmobile, car, truck, RV, and lawn mower.
• 2 sets of leads - Clamps and ring terminals
3 year warranty
CEC and UL1236 Compliant
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Compact ruggedized composite shells make these chargers safe to set and forget on all of your household vehicles. Perfect for any 6V, 8V, 12V, or 16V motorcycle, boat, snowmobile, car, truck, RV, ATV, golf cart and lawn mower battery. AGM overcharge impos
- Safe to use indoors and out, BEX series battery extenders are purpose built to resist water and dust. Simply bring the charger to the source without removing your battery and connect the leads.
- Features Spark Free Connectivity, Reverse Polarity Protection, and Parasitic Drain Protection for safe connection to all your batteries.
- Includes quick-disconnect clamps and ring terminals for fast and hassle-free battery connectivity.
- Charge current: 5 AMPS. CEC and UL 1236 Compliant. 3 year warranty.
- Battery Extenders will safely keep your battery at full charge on a continuous basis. Batteries not kept at full charge become sulfated, which is the main reason for premature battery failure.
- SHIPPED WITH
BATTERY EXTENDER, 6V, 8V, 12V, 16V / 5A is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 1 out of 5 by mech182 from DOSNT WORK just received this but does not do anything, it only flashes all the corner lights hope they change it fix it or refund. shipping took more than a week, I tried to upload a video but it didn't let me .Date published: 2019-04-03Rated 5 out of 5 by mis182 from works good i used it to charge few 6 volt batteries, it did the job now the are back to workDate published: 2019-06-04
If in maintenance mode and power goes off will it need to be manually reset when power comes back on?Thank you for your question. This is a smart charger and it will detect whether it needs to charge the battery it is connected to or if it just needs to maintain it. If it lost power it may go immediately into charging mode when it powers back on but it will quickly recognize the battery is charged and then switch to maintain mode.Date published: 2019-05-15
NO LIGHTS SHOW WHEN CHARGER IN CORRECTLY CONNECTED TO BATTERY. WHAT AM I DOING WRONGHi Ralph, thank you so much for contacting us. With the unit plugged into the wall, you should see indicators, especially when connected to a battery. If the battery is absolutely stone dead, there may not be enough voltage to wake the unit up. In order to keep the connections spark free, the charger looks for a tiny bit of voltage before turning on. With a totally flat battery, it will never see that and not turn on. With that said, please feel free to give our tech team a call at 866.248.6357, hit the Chat link at the top of the page or email directly via this link: https://www.autometer.com/resources/index/ask_a_question Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-02-07
does the Product # BEX-5000 use a switch mode?...will it work in Australia Mains voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz. if i change the plug? if not will you ever consider making them for our market we have lots of race cars with 16v batteriesHi Dan, thank you so much for reaching out to us. The BEX units are designed only for 110/120V outlets. At this time we have no plans to offer a European or Australian compatible version.Date published: 2018-02-05
Hello and Thank you for the 15% discount. As a retired US Soldier I must ask; Is the Be-5000 battery charger made in USA ?Hi Jack, thank you so much for contacting us, and thank you for your service. While every single AutoMeter brand gauge is indeed made in the US (right here in Sycamore, IL), the BEX line of battery chargers are imported. We engineer, calibrate, load firmware, burn in and final test them here, but the base BEX unit is assembled overseas. Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-04-24
California Prop 65 Warning