You have no items in your shopping cart.
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 11,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates the front of the dial
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Compatible with 0.5 - 6 pulse ignition signals (1-12 cylinder engines) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- Triage engine health and setup changes using Peak RPM Memory recall with one touch review. Commonly referred to as the 'tattle tale' in the racing world, this function allows racers to gain quick insights between rounds about wheel spin, gearing and gear changes.
- SHIPPED WITH
Bulb & Socket
What is the cost of having a 6809 tach rebuilt?Hi Larry, that you for reaching out to us. There is no flat fee or way for us to provide any estimate without actually seeing and evaluating your 6809. If you'd like to send it in, we can evaluate and provide an estimate and you can decide from there if you'd like us to go forward with the repair. While this form isn't required, this will show you the information to provide when sending it in: http://www.autometer.com/media/Service_Form.pdfDate published: 2018-08-15
Can this tach be mounted in dash (without pedestal?) Or is the pedestal part of the gauge housing?Thank you so much for contacting us. While there are no provisions for mounting this tach in dash on the unit itself, nor is it intended for such installations, it certainly can be done with a bit of creativity. I've used weatherstripping and hose clamps to make a pressure fit and retain it for in dash installs before. Not pretty, but it's all hidden behind the dash. Really, any way to provide pressure between the dash panel and the bezel will work. Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-01-31
Can a Shift light be added to this gauge?Hi Ben, thank you so much for contacting us. This particular tach unfortunately does not have the ability to control a shift light on its own. You could certainly add an intelligent shift light, such as one of the units from our DPSS series, though I would recommend looking at the 6851 tach: http://www.autometer.com/5-tach-9-000-rpm-single-range-pro-comp-2.html This is essentially the exact same unit with the same recall function, it just adds shift light controls and includes one of our LED shift lights. Hope this helps!Date published: 2019-10-01
California Prop 65 Warning