You have no items in your shopping cart.
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 9,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An ultra bright LED shift light guarantees you hit your shifts perfectly, every time. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice. Features seven bar LED segment digital display.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Playback a complete run of engine RPM data at 1:1 or 1:3 speed
- Compatible with 0.5 - 6 pulse ignition signals (1-12 cylinder engines) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Optional shift light connector allows for the addition of a variety of options from AutoMeter to improve driver visibility and reaction to desired gear change points.
- Program up to 4 gear-specific shift light points to maximize your vehicle's performance. Built in short-shift protection prevents missed shifts due to early shifts by monitoring RPM drop and intelligently determining when a gear change has occurred.
- Optional Launch Lite feature utilizes a Shift Lite connected to the tachometer to help the driver properly stage the vehicle and maintain desired RPM prior to launch in classes where launch control electronics are prohibited by utilizing the light to indicate whether you are at, above, or below your desired launch RPM.
- Remote recording trigger lead may be connected to driver accessible push button, trans-brake, line-lock, clutch switch, or foot brake light switch for maximum versatility and ease of use for the driver.
- Green LED recording status lamp provides quick visual indication of tachometer mode to the driver to ensure you never miss a recording.
- SHIPPED WITH
Bulb & Socket
does it have internal shift light Thank you for your question. The gauge does not have an internal shift light but it does have a provision for an external shift light.Date published: 2019-07-23
Do you offer a 5" playback tach that also has an external shift light?Thank you for your inquiry. The 3966 has a pigtail that will connect directly to our 5330 Quick Lite.Date published: 2019-02-25
Can you use set point 1 as a burn out set point or does the program reset once the car goes to idle? Set point 2 (6500) keeps reverting to the same as set point 1 (6800) even after "returning to 0 to permanently store". Any suggestions to fix? Thanks!Hi Kris, thank you for contacting us. The Sport Comp Playback must actually be in record mode for the multiple shift points to activate. You can manually push start on the tach to start that sequence or trigger remotely via the blue wire.Date published: 2018-08-14
Can you send me the dimensions on this unit , size, hole diameter, depth I was told it had a 5 inch face, with a 3 to 3 1/2 rear portion maybe you can send me a side view with dimensions. Thank you. DennisHi Dennis, thank you for contacting us. In this link you'll find a digital version of our catalog and on page 134, spec G7 you should find the dimensions you're looking for: https://www.yumpu.com/en/embed/view/wFLaQSoDgl3PBxry If there are still specific dimensions you need beyond this, send us an email through the following link: https://www.autometer.com/contactsDate published: 2018-07-09
I have a sport comp p/n 3966 do I need to hook up the blue wire it is on a pulling truckHi Kurt, thank you for contacting us. You can manually start the recording on the face of the tach, which would make the blue wire optional. The blue wire basically acts as a remote start for the recording.Date published: 2018-07-02
Can this tach be used on a Mallory mag. Also how long is the playbackThank you so much for contacting us. This tach will only work with Mags that are external coil and use suppression style plug wires, and that's utilizing our 9118 Mag Tach Adapter: https://www.autometer.com/magneto-signal-converter.html This tach has an 80 second playback capacity. We do not currently offer a playback tach for use with internal coil mags or those that use solid core plug wires. We do have a tattle tale (but not playback) tach that can work without any adapters on internal coil mags which you can see here: https://www.autometer.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=st200#1&profile=products Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-03-28
California Prop 65 Warning