You have no items in your shopping cart.
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 10,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- This specialty variant gauge is NASCAR approved, specifically designed to interpret the CANbus data stream provided by the McLaren ECU fitted to the fuel injected engines, and can also support conventional high performance ignitions as well.
- 7 user selectable colors (blue, white, red, green, cyan, violet, and yellow) to match visual preferences of driver and visibility conditions
- 10 inbuilt radial LED indicators in the dial perimeter are used to communicate critical detail to the driver and may be programmed to communicate 4 phases of pit road speed (Low, Go, High, Too High), 3 phases of Corner Speed (Low, Middle, High), 1 phase of Lead In, Shift Point, and Over Rev for a total of 10 total light indication bands.
- LED Color Bands may be programmed to match or contrast tachometer backlighting in solid or flashing states based on user preference
- Driver One touch Pit Road Speed Go Band capture available allowing for last minute adjustments on track.
- Acquire data for later review with one-touch Peak Recall functionality
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, compatible with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Unique Carbon Fiber housing pairs with other ultra lightweight design components to reduce instrument weight by more than 20% over comparable AutoMeter tachometers.
- This product requires separate purchase of #9119 PIC programming module and #5258 Wiring Harness for operation.
- SHIPPED WITH
The instructions mention a factory rest using the 3 buttons. Which input setting does this default to? Can only / Can & Coil / Coil only? Thank youThank you for your question. This tach was made specifically to work off the Maclaren ECU for NASCAR, so the factory settings should be CAN. To change these settings you will need our part #9119 PIC Programmer.Date published: 2018-12-03
Do you make this in a 3 3/8" version?Thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately this particular tach is only available in the 5" size. It's functionality is totally unique in our lineup; the closest thing in a 3-3/8" would be the Elite Street tach, which does have color changing and progressive shift options, but none of the pit road speed functions: https://www.autometer.com/3-3-4-tach-10-000-rpm-elite-street-ped-mount.html Hope this helps!Date published: 2018-05-17
Can you use this gauge on an old ford running points and distributor with no can bus?Hi there, thank you for connecting with us. This tachometer will operate on a standard tach signal from a coil or ignition. However, please be aware this tachometer was designed solely for NASCAR. It's unlike every other tachometer we offer and requires a few additional items. In addition to the tachometer, you will need to purchase this harness: https://www.autometer.com/wire-harness-for-8199.html as well as this module to program the tachometer: https://www.autometer.com/prs-pic-box.html Pedestal mounting would require our 3209 bracket, in-dash mounting may actual require fabrication of a bracket.Date published: 2019-03-20
California Prop 65 Warning