You have no items in your shopping cart.
Since 1957, AutoMeter has set the standard in performance, accuracy and durability with their legendary Tachometers. The absolute pinnacle of engineering and technology, it’s no wonder AutoMeter can lay claim to more motorsports victories than every other gauge manufacturer combined. The patented air core meter movement, wound in house to exacting standards, can move the needle from 0 - 4,000 rpm in 333 milliseconds. An inaugural inductee to the Hot Rod Speed Parts Hall of Fame, no other tachometer on the market has had anything approaching its impact on professional racing. Built for a lifetime of service under the harshest conditions, this is the no compromise tach for no compromise builds. When you’re ready for the best, there isn’t another choice.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Traditional incandescent lighting illuminates around the perimeter of the dial
- 12 and 16 volt compatible, well-suited with nearly every street car or race car electrical system
- Gauge kit includes bulb and socket assembly, red and green bulb covers, mounting hardware, and detailed instructions for installation
- AutoMeter’s race proven air-core electric tachometers provide quick and accurate readings with a needle so responsive it can go from 0 - full scale in 333 milliseconds
- Compatible with most 4, 6, and 8 cylinder engines (2 - 4 pulse per revolution ignition signals) with points, electronic, and most 12V high-performance racing ignitions.
- SHIPPED WITH
Bulb & Socket
- Red 3214 & Green 3215
- Bracket Included
Will this tach work with the diesel adapter for an all mechanical 6bt cummins? Truck does not have a crank pick up so alternator is next best thing, and only need a 4k tach.Hi, thank you for the question. The 9112 Diesel Tach Adapter will work with the 2890 Tachometer, but if you could accept a 5K, we have a specific diesel tach, model 2888, that would not require the Diesel Tach Adapter.Date published: 2018-08-09
Will this run on a 6 volt system? I don,t care about the lighting.Thank you so much for the question. Unfortunately, there is nothing we have that is compatible with a 6 volt system. Everything today is going to be for 12V or 16V systems.Date published: 2018-01-10
Does this #2890 Z-Series Pedestal tachometer 2 5/8'' 0-4000 work with a 6 cylinder Pertronix ignition with out any modification or adapter? Thanks. George B.Thank you so much for contacting us. Without being the application, it would be difficult to say 100%. In most instances, there should not be a problem and it will work right out of the box. Pertronix makes a great ignition system, but they can be electrically noisy. We have occasionally had to add a 10k resistor to the input for the tachometer when noise issues occur. In the worst case scenario, we do offer a tach filter as well, though this is very rare. Make sure you're grounding things properly (to the engine block or to a frame rail) and instances of issues will be dramatically reduced. Hope this helps!Date published: 2017-11-21
California Prop 65 Warning